Saudi German Hospital & Saudi Psychiatric Association
In collaboration with:
- Psychiatric Hospital Jeddah.
- Motmaenna Psychiatric center
- Institute of Psychiatry Ain Shams University
- Egyptian Psychiatric Association.
- Kasr Al-Ainy Psychiatry Department, Cairo University.
- World Psychiatric Association
Have the honor and pleasure to invite you to participate in
Conference theme: “Controversies in Diagnosis and Treatment in Psychiatry; Professional Experiences””
Venue: Intercontinental Hotel, Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Date: 13 – 15 April 2017
Recently there has been a growing awareness of the Controversies in Diagnosis and Treatment in Psychiatry; Professional Experiences thus this congress will highlight these important issues.
The conference main speakers will be opinion leaders in the field of psychiatry as well as policy and decision makers.
It is hoped that the exchange of knowledge in this congress between colleagues will promote the service offered to psychiatric patients.
You are invited to participate in this scientific event. We believe that it will be a fruitful scientific, spiritual and cultural experience.
We will do our best in making your participation scientifically rewarding and your stay in Jeddah enjoyable.
Dr. Mohammed Khalid
General Secretary of the Conference
1. Theme of the conference Psychiatry in General Medicine.
2. Role of Culture in clinical practice both in prevention & treatment.
3. Arab Mental Health services: Service Development, Policies, Pathways to Care and Healthcare economics.
4. Liaison Psychiatry.
5. Psychosis: Early intervention and improving outcome.
6. Mood Disorders: Depressive disorder & Challenges in the management of Bipolar Disorder.
7. Personality, Eating, and Psycho sexual Disorders.
8. Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
9. Old Age Psychiatry: functional & organic mental disorders in old age.
10. Therapeutic Approaches in Mental Health: Bio-Psycho-Sociology-Spiritual.
11. Brain Imaging in the diagnosis & management of mental disorders.
12. Medical ethics, Religion & Spirituality in the era of Globalization.
13. Advances in the field of Medical Education & Psychiatric Training.
14. Stigma of Mental illness & role of media in promoting positive public opinion.
15. The interface between Psychiatry, Psychology, Philosophy and Social sciences.
Course organizers are kindly requested to prepare all relevant materials to be given to participants enrolled on their courses. Course proposals must include self-assessment questionnaires and answers to evaluate the learning outcome of the participants.
Psychiatrists, Neurologists, Neurosurgeons, Psychologists, Medical Students, Psychiatric Nurses, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, Teachers, Careers and all professionals who practice in relation to the care of individuals who suffer from Mental Health problems.
Guidelines for abstract submission:
Deadline for submission: 15.11.2016
- Early registration (before 31.01.2016): 140 $ or 500 Saudi Riyal
- After 31.01.2016: 170 $ or 600 Saudi Riyal
- For each training course (workshop): 65 $ or 200 Saudi Riyal
Prof. Ahmed Okasha
Director, WHO Collaborating Center For Research and Training in Mental Health, Institute of Psychiatry, Ain Shams University, President Egyptian Psychiatric Association, Hon. President Arab Federation of Psychiatrists
President WPA (2002 – 2005)
Prof. Mahdi Abou Madini
Associate Professor and Consultant Psychiatrist, Chairman, Department of Psychiatry, Dammam University, Pres SPA, Acting Pre Arab B of Psychiatry.
Dr. Mohamed Shawoosh
Consultant of Psychiatry, Psychiatric Hospital Jeddah KSA.
Prof. Afaf Hamed Khalil
Professor of Psychiatry, Ain Shams University Hospitals, Egypt
Congress Coordinators (Egypt)
Prof. Mohamed Ghanem
Prof. Mohamed Refaat Elfeky
Prof. Momtaz Abdul Wahab
Prof. Safeya Effat
Prof. Tarek Alhabeeb
Professor and Consultant of Psychiatry, Motmaenna Psychiatric center, Psychiatric Advisor Abu- Dhabi Health Authority, Riyadh, KSA
Prof. Tarek Okasha
Professor of Psychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry, Ain Shams University Hospitals, Egypt
Institute of Psychiatry, Ain Shams University
Prof. Ahmad Saad
Professor and Chair of Psychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry, Ain Shams University Hospitals, Egypt
Jeddah Psychiatric Hospital
Dr. Nawaf Al-Harthi
Consultant Psychiatry, Hospital Director, Jeddah Psychiatric Hospital
Head of the Scientific Committee
Dr. Dakhil Alsaadi (KSA)
Consultant Psychiatrist, Faisal Specialized Hospital Jeddah
Dr. Mohamed Shawoosh (KSA)
Dr. Saad Alkhateeb (KSA)
Dr. Nada Alzaidy ( KSA)
Dr. Adel Seraj (KSA)
Prof. Abdul Karim Mostafa (Bahrain)
Dr. Khalid Bazaid (Canada)
Prof. M. Waqar Azeem ( USA)
Dr. Khalid Abd El-Azim (KSA)
Secretary of the Scientific Committee
Dr. Amira Al Batrawy Psychiatry Consultant SGH- Jeddah
Coordinator of the Scientific Committee
Dr. Abdul Rahman Alshimi Psychiatry Consultant SGH - Jeddah
Secretary General of the Congress
Dr. Mohamed Khalid Consultant and Head of Psychiatric Department, SGH- Jeddah
Ms. Mai Alsherif Clinical Psychologist SGH- Jeddah-Coordinator of Organizing Committee
Dr. Jalal Saif Executive manager of Organizing Committee
Ms. Shoruq Oqran Psychologist SGH- Jeddah
Mr. Fahd Dulaim Al-Amal Hospital – Jeddah
Mr. Naif Al-Ali Al-Amal Hospital – Jeddah
Dr. Mahmoud Abdel Mohdi Ass. Consultant Psychiatry SGH- Jeddah
Dr. Mahmoud Hamdi Ass. Consultant Psychiatry SGH- Jeddah
Dr. Reham ahmad Psychiatry Specialist SGH- Jeddah
Dr. Osama Abdulmoez Psychiatry Specialist SGH- Jeddah
Dr. Mamoun Shaheen Psychiatry Specialist SGH- Jeddah
Dr. Ashraf Alsersi Consultant Psychologist SGH- Jeddah
Ms. Sahar Al-Abadi Psychologist SGH- Jeddah
Ms. Jehan Matbouli SGH- Jeddah
Mr. Yaser Al-Zahrani MOH - Jeddah
Mr. Waleed Al-Malki Al-Amal Hospital – Jeddah
Ms. Omnia Nabil Volunteer SGH- Jeddah
Ms. Ebtesam Al-saiari Volunteer SGH- Jeddah
Ms. Huda Al-arifi Volunteer SGH- Jeddah
Mr. Nezar Bokhari Volunteer SGH- Jeddah
Mr. Yasser Mersal Media Services Manager SGH- Jeddah
Academic Affairs Directorate
Dr Yasser M. Eid Executive Director of the Scientific Office
Mr. Mahboob Islam Event Coordinator
Mr. Khalid Abdel Fattah Mass Communication Officer
Dr Mohamed Khaled
Consultant & Head of Psychiatry Department
Saudi German Hospital Jeddah KSA
Secretary General of the conference.
Mobile : 00966560029140
Tel. : 00966-2-6829000
|Event End Date||04-15-2017|
|Registration Start Date||01-31-2016|
|Cut off date||11-15-2016|