Advanced Respiratory Care Course 2020
The course aims to introduce participants to:
- Assess the patency of the airways and how to maintain airways during mechanical ventilation.
- Obtain, process, and analyze arterial and capillary blood gas samples.
- List the steps used to interpret thoracic imaging studies.
- Describe the common radiographic abnormalities seen in the pleura, lung parenchyma, and mediastinum.
- Review the electrocardiogram equipment set-up
- Recognize various abnormal elecrtrocardiographic recordings and major treatment alternatives.
- List indications, contraindications, and complications of positive pressure ventilation.
- Choose appropriate initial ventilator sittings and make adjustments based on patient monitoring and response.
- List indications, contraindications, and complications of Non-invasive ventilation.
- Describe techniques used in ventilator weaning and the proper method of extubation.
- Describe the correct approach to assessment of the fetus, newborn, and pediatric patients.
- Discuss the use of continuous positive airway pressure and the basics of mechanical ventilation including high-frequency ventilation in the care of infants and children.
Target participants :
- Critical Care Nurses
- Respiratory Therapists
- Respiratory Therapy students
- Nursing students
Registration Fee :
- 400.00 SAR
BETA 4 , Building , SGH , Jedda, KSA