Department of Neurosurgery
The Neurosurgery department of the Saudi German Hospital / Dammam is distinguished as one of the most advanced neurosurgery centers in the private sector in the Middle East, and the practice followed in this section depends on the teamwork of a highly qualified team of consultants and doctors.
Our mission is to serve our community through continuous education and training, and to provide high-quality medical services, including facilities that enhance health care.
The department is fully equipped with the latest and most advanced technologies, which is necessary for all types of neurosurgery such as brain tumors, skull base surgery, functional surgery, and spine surgeries.
All neurosurgery operations are performed under a microscope, or using endoscopes, as well as the capabilities of neurological observation, neurological navigation, as well as radiography capabilities in operating rooms.
The Department of Neurosurgery works with a team of doctors who specialize in neurosurgery full-time. We also provide physician summons services for additional consultations. The department provides diagnostic and treatment services in the fields of brain and spine diseases, spinal cord, peripheral neurological diseases and others.
The Department of Neurosurgery at the Saudi German Hospital treats the following conditions:
- All pituitary tumors, and ocular tumers .
- Treating all acute cerebrovascular injuries resulting from birth defects with brain veins and arteries or arterial expansion, congenital neurological abnormalities, and they include: meningeal watery deficiency and early adhesion of the bones of the skull, cases of ascites of the brain, and other nerve defects.
- Treating all types of head and skull base injuries, , and bleeding cases.
- Treatment of injuries and neoplasms of peripheral nerves system.
- Treatment of all types of herniated disc.
- Pain therapy using the latest and latest technologies, including: localized injection under CT scan, thermal frequency, and others.
- Spinal injuries and fractures.
- Treating osteoporosis and fractures by injecting vertebrae.
- Performing surgeries with the surgical navigator to obtain super accurate results.
- Sampling brain tumors using the stereotaxic device.
- Interventions and surgeries are performed in coordination with consultants of various specialties such as spine, face and jaws, ENT, plastic surgery, and others.
When you visit the neurosurgery department:
- The department's neurosurgery specialist will assist you throughout the treatment steps, and you will begin to advise you to provide continuous support after treatment.
- The specialist will conduct an integrated assessment of your condition, and conduct the required analyzes and examinations. In some cases, it is necessary to take tissue from the body (biopsy) to study it before surgery.
Before entering the hospital:
If your condition requires surgery, a visit to you will be determined before you are hospitalized to assess your condition and discuss surgical arrangements. Do not hesitate to ask any questions to the doctor on this visit. You may meet with the anesthesiologist to conduct an additional assessment of your condition, if necessary.
The pre-operative nursing team will contact you 24 hours before your surgical appointment to assess your general health condition, and confirm the date of the operation. If you want to cancel the surgery, please inform the pre-operative nursing team as soon as possible, and that To give other patients the opportunity to seek treatment for you.
While you are in the hospital:
A dedicated care team consisting of technicians, nurses, doctors, dietitians, and others will be fully responsible for your care, and if you have any questions, they will be happy to speak to you.
Follow up treatment:
After receiving appropriate care and treatment for your condition, additional and frequent appointments and sessions are scheduled, to follow up with the specialists, and doctors may advise you to do special qualification exercises at home before the next session to help you recover as quickly as possible.