The Department of Psychiatry within the Saudi Hospital / Dammam assists patients with mental illnesses with the support of a multidisciplinary team that includes psychiatrists, social workers, and occupational therapists. The department provides a full range of specialized services to meet the individual needs of patients, and they are committed to providing the latest treatment for conditions such as depression and disorders Anxiety, and other diseases. Through comprehensive multidisciplinary programs, thousands of people with mental disorders, addictions, and emotions of all kinds find answers every year.
- Our Psychiatry department provides clinical assessment, psychotherapy and support for patients with complex mental health problems. Our psychologists have experience in treating complex mental states, including mood disorders, psychosis, and drug use. Psychiatrists provide support to patients through Individual visits, and group medical visits, as appropriate.
- We aim to provide excellence in general and specialist psychiatric services, along with innovative and integrated care models that provide cost-effective behavioral health services to all medical and surgical patients.
- We aim to provide an accessible, quality health and behavioral service, and to provide medical care to people at risk of mental illness.
- This team has been uniquely trained to meet the many different needs of our racially and linguistically diverse patients, we realize that each patient has unique individual needs, using a careful approach, we will design our program to meet your specific needs, you will benefit from the experience of experienced team members.
- The hospital’s vision formed from its inception to establish its leadership as the largest system specialized in health care services in the Kingdom, by providing an integrated package of high-quality health care services, and maintaining the reputation of the medical sector, and the level that the Kingdom has reached in this field, as well as work on development and construction To always remain in the foreground, and we are fully aware of this great responsibility, therefore the Board of Directors spares no effort in support of permanent development in all medical devices, as well as in attracting medical skills in all disciplines.
- Our primary goal in the Department of Psychiatry is to raise the level of service and reduce waste in time, effort and money, and come up with an economic equation that makes the service deservingly accessible to the largest possible number of patients, in the context of specialized health care to maintain the confidence of our patients, which we consider to be the most important ingredients of our success.
The most important characteristic of the programs of the Psychiatric Department:
- Individual treatment for psychological symptoms
- Available 24/7 to support you
- Supervised environment
- Stay for at least three months
- Evidence-based individual and group therapy
- Time for daily activities, physical activity, and recreation.
- Numerous programs are available for children under the age of puberty as well as people 18 years of age or older if they have mood disorders (such as depression, bipolar disorder), mental disorders (such as schizophrenia), anxiety disorders, or personality.
The Department of Psychiatry provides the following sub-specialization services:
- Psychological counseling services for those suffering from medical or surgical conditions, emotional problems or mental disorders.
- General Psychiatry - Diagnosis and treatment of general mental disorders such as depression and anxiety disorders.
- Geriatric psychiatry - mental health care designed for the elderly.
We know that the decision to seek psychological care can be difficult, make sure that you will treat with respect as well as maintain your full privacy, because we partner with you to enhance your life or the life of your loved ones.