The radiology department at the Saudi German Hospital / Dammam has many advantages and includes the best and the latest advanced technical devices that provide its services, and support for the rest of the other departments present in the hospital, so radiation diagnostic services of various types are provided, including children x-rays, mammograms, CT scans, brain radiology, And MRI scans with the best technologies, and modern technological devices that will be mentioned later.
Radiology Department Features:
The Saudi German Hospitals Group is proud to be an integrated medical community that includes all devices for the work of different radiologists in all disciplines, confirming the role it plays which includes diagnosis, and post-diagnosis to reach the stage of treatment, in some cases uses intervention radiotherapy.
The department conducts approximately 770 x-rays during daily working hours, so approximately 24 to 34 magnetic resonance imaging scans are performed, while 65 to 75 CT scans are performed, while the US radiology section conducts 150 daily exams, while the number of regular x-ray scan is approximately 400 scans per day, while nuclear rays are conducted between 10 to 12 scans daily, not to mention the x-rays for emergencies that increase in number on a daily basis around the clock, and all this is done through the best devices, modern technologies, and very sophisticated The department is also managed by a distinguished team of skilled and best specialists, technicians, Those who have higher experience, skills and qualifications, and are keen to provide the best services to patients, which are as follows:
- The technology is fully utilized, as the RIS information system and the PACS image archiving and transmission system are used. These two systems are connected and integrated with the hospital information system “HIS” once the necessary investigations are completed, automatically and immediately the images arrive to Computers for radiologists who are specialized doctors, and then the team examines and explains these images, and this helps to use the time in a distinctive and better way, so the patient is suffering from it is recognized immediately, thus performing the surgical intervention if necessary, Not to mention that it is done To keep all explanatory reports and pictures permanently and continuously on the department and hospital networks and computers.
- A multi-slice commutated tomography service, which is considered one of the best, and the latest diagnostic capabilities using multiple chips in a very short period of time, it is examined within a few seconds of high quality, and our latest devices provide "multi-slides - 128" high-quality images, two-dimensional Formatting, 3D reconfiguration , including size clarification, and shaded images.
- Automatic endoscopy through which all specialized endoscopy can be performed, such as hysteroscopy and barium studies, sinus imaging, fistula imaging, bladder imaging.
- Ultrasound that is used to perform vascular Doppler, musculoskeletal imaging, and echography of surface parts such as the thyroid, neck, and scrotum, and also ultrasound-guided interventional procedures, such as micro-suction, taking biopsies with left needles, and taking biopsies from Transrectal prostate.
- Bone densitometry, in which digital tools are used, which assess bone mineralization, and through which early detection of osteoporosis is used.
- Digital radiography is a type of X-ray imaging, which is characterized by time efficiency through the approval of chemical processes, the ability to transfer and improve images digitally, as well as less radiation can be used to produce an image with the same degree of contrast as conventional radiography.
- Digital breast imaging This discovery allows the best breasts to be seen especially near the skin line and chest wall, and in women with thick breast tissue the examination time is reduced by half, compared to the traditional breast-based examination of films.
- The department also has the best nuclear radiation devices besides MRI.