The Urology Department of the Saudi German Hospital - Dammam is one of the departments specializing in dealing with urinary tract diseases for males and females (kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra), as well as diseases of the male genital organs (penis, testes, scrotum, prostate, etc.). The department also specializes in Urology.
The Urology Department of the Saudi German Hospital in Dammam provides appropriate diagnosis and treatment for urinary tract diseases, including cancer, male impotence, urinary incontinence, pelvic pain, urinary stones, infertility in men, and prostate disease, and our doctors also perform transformation surgery. Urine and others, the department provides new therapeutic techniques for patients with a variety of urinary tract disorders.
The urologist at the Saudi German Hospital has wisdom and experience in internal medicine, pediatrics, gynecology and a number of other specialties, besides the urology specialty, because the urologist faces a wide range of clinical problems, which he must be able to deal with, and include areas Sub-Urology:
- Pediatric urology.
- Urinary tract tumors (urinary tract cancers).
- Kidney transplant.
- Male infertility.
- Urinary tract stones treatment.
- Female urology surgery.
- Neurological diseases (control of the nervous system of the genitals).
Medical conditions treated by the Urology Department of the Saudi German Hospital in Dammam :
- Cancers of the bladder, kidneys, penis, testes, adrenal glands and prostate.
- Prostatic hyperplasia.
- Weak or difficult erection.
- Interstitial cystitis, also called cystitis syndrome.
- Kidney disease
- kidney stones
- Prostatitis, an inflammation of the prostate gland
- Urinary tract infections.
- Varicocele or enlarged veins in the scrotum.
- bladder prolapse , or cystocele.
- Cancers of the bladder, kidneys and adrenal glands.
- Interstitial cystitis
- kidney stones
- Urinary tract infection
- Treatment of enuresis
- Urinary tract obstruction and other problems.
- Undescended testes.
The Urology Department of the Saudi German Hospital in Dammam also provides a number of imaging services, including:
- Ultrasound: includes prostate imaging, US guided tissue biopsy, and imaging of the bladder and urine tract.
- Spiral computed tomography.
- Magnetic resonance imaging.
- bone scan.
- Urine flowmetry
- bone scan
- EC, and DMSA.
When you visit the hospital's urology department, they will start taking one or more of these tests to find out your condition:
- Imaging tests, including CT scans, MRI or ultrasound, which allow to see what is inside the urinary tract.
- They can order a cystoscopy, which includes taking x-ray images of the bladder.
- A urologist can perform a cystoscopy. This includes using a thin tube called a cystoscope to see inside the bladder and urethra.
- They can use and examine the urine sample to check for infection-causing bacteria.
- They can perform a dynamic test to measure pressure and volume inside the bladder.
Urologists at the Saudi German Hospital are also trained to perform various types of surgery, which include:
- Bladder, kidney or prostate biopsy
- Cystectomy, which involves removing the bladder, to treat cancer.
- To break up kidney stones so that they are easy to remove from the body. Kidney transplantation, replacing diseased kidneys with healthy ones.
- Repairing Urinary organs that are not well formed.
- Prostatectomy, which involves removing all or part of the prostate gland to treat prostate cancer.
- Incontinence treatment
- Transurethral prostatectomy, which includes removing excess tissue from the enlarged prostate
- Ureteroscopy, to remove kidney stones and ureter.
- Vasectomy (male sterilization) to prevent pregnancy.