6 Questions most men are embarrassed to ask
- I'm still young but I experience erectile dysfunction, why?
Erectile dysfunction could develop in young males due to direct trauma to the genitalia or in cases of diseases affecting blood vessels or nerves such as hypertension or diabetes. Also, erectile dysfunction could develop due to physical or emotional stress.
- What is the normal length of penis?
The normal length of erected penis ranges from 3.5-7.5 inches (average about 5.5 inches).
- My penis is curved, should I worry?
Curved penis is a medical condition known as "Peyronie's disease". It should be noted that, the curved penis interferes with normal intercourse if the penis curvature is more than 30º, which requires seeking medical consultation for proper management.
- I take too long to start urination, should I worry?
Taking too long to start urination suggests health problems related to the urinary bladder (such as cystitis) or the prostate (such as benign prostatic hyperplasia).
- What is the normal appearance of semen? When should I feel that there is something wrong?
Normal appearance of semen tends to be thick and white in color. Significant abnormal finding of semen include hematospermia (blood in semen) or foul-smelling semen.
- Is it normal to feel something inside the scrotum?
There are many structures inside the scrotum, such as; testicles, epididymis and spermatic cord. Medical studies showed that monthly self-examination of the scrotum and testicles during shower is necessary to detect any abnormal findings. On the other side, these studies showed the following facts:
- If you felt a bag of worms inside your scrotum, especially on the left side, it suggests varicocele.
- If you felt an abnormal collection of fluids around the testicles, it suggests hydrocele.
- If you felt an abnormal solid mass inside testicles, it suggests testicular cancer.
If you detect any of these findings, you should seek medical consultation for confirmation the diagnosis and for proper management.