13 Jan 2020
7 Health benefits of peppermint oil
- Peppermint oil is rich in volatile oils, which participate in treatment of indigestion, abdominal pain and expelling abdominal gases. Also peppermint oil can be used as appetizer due to its distinctive aromatic smell.
- Peppermint oil is rich in antioxidants, so it helps in promoting the functional capacity of the immune system.
- Peppermint oil is rich in menthol, so it's used as an oral antiseptic to get rid of bad breath and elimination of oral bacteria responsible for gingivitis and tooth decay.
- Recent medical studies showed that peppermint oil is effective in management of spastic colon and irritable bowel syndrome.
- Peppermint oil is effective in management of many health issues related to respiratory system, such as; influenza, common cold, sinusitis, bronchial asthma and bronchitis.
- Peppermint oil is classified as essential oil, so it's widely used for elimination of migraine episodes or chronic headache. For the same reason it's used topically in massage sessions, and for elimination of fatigue or sleeping disorders.
- On the same context, peppermint oil can be used topically in treatment of bruises and ulcers.